Harrisburg Camera Club Meeting
November 8th at 7:00
Members SHOW and SHARE Educational Meeting
Images Taken This Summer and on Harrisburg Camera Club Photo Field Trips
This meeting is to show and share with the members of the club, photos you have taken during the summer and on our HCC field trips. HCC members are invited to show their photos taken during the summer and from HCC field trips..
This meeting is very important to those members whom have not gone on these trips. First of all, you can see where we have been as a group, but more importantly you will notice how each member interprets the same scene that others saw or sees something that the other members walked by and failed to notice. This meeting is, in reality, an educational meeting on how photographic opportunities are rendered. This is a chance for the membership to see an expanded portfolio of some of the members. If time permits, you can question the maker on how the image was made and or modified.
- If you want to show and share your best or most interesting images taken on these fieldtrips with the members of the camera club, please place your images on a flash drive or CD and bring it with you to the meeting.
- Please title the file: “2016 November HCC Show and Share”. This way Randal can find the file quickly. We expect you to have all of your images under one file name.
- Please; all images needed to be reduced to the following parameters: Maximum length on the longest side 1920 pixels as a baseline jpeg. Just like the camera club competition file size. PSD and RAW files will not be accepted.
- Previous Show & Share’s have had an issue with downloading exceeding large files from flash drives or CD's into the computer. Please try to keep each of your images under 3MB.
- Members images will be loaded onto the club's computer and we expect the maker to be present. Each member will have about 6 minutes to present and comment on their images. You, as the presenter, have the option of commenting about your work. We expect you to answer questions about your work, if asked.
- If you have the skill, a Powerpoint file would be best and if you’re fancy or have the software available you may add music within the file as part of your presentation.
The time allotment is based on the number of presenters and divided by the time available. Less presenters more time, more presenters less time. I will bring a timer to keep members from going over the time allotted. This is a great opportunity for you to show your work to the other members of the club without the constraints of competition. For those that are not showing, this is a good example of what happens on our fieldtrips and you have an opportunity to see more of our members work and understand their visual philosophy.
Any questions contact Randal Lathrop at president@
Submitted by Randal Lathrop