We have two (2) competitions coming up.
Print Competition - Tuesday, December 6th. Remember to also upload the images that you will be bringing to the print competition. They should be uploaded by Monday, December 5th at 11:59 PM. Follow the same size specifications as the Digital Image uploads.
Judges are Mike Donovan and Don Giles
2nd Digital Image Competition Upload Date - Wednesday, December 7th at 11:59 PM.
Judge is Steve Miller
Below is the information for both. This information can also be found on the web site.
Printed Image Competition Guidelines
- Two categories
- 1 color, but many shades of that color
- Black and white
- Sepia toned
- Members may submit 1 printed image in each category
- Must be matted
- Images printed on canvas or metal are excluded
- Image must be mounted on a backing board
- Image cannot be framed or under glass
- Single window (no triptychs, etc.)
- Minimum Matted Size – 80 square inches (i.e. – 8” x 10”)
- Maximum Matted Size – 40” x 32”
|Printed Image Competition Scoring
// End Module: Standard Content \\
Digital Image Competition upload is due on Wednesday, December 7th.
Digital Image Competition notes:
1. The competition folder has been created on the club's new image upload website: http://harrisburgcameraclub.
2. Image submission deadline is 12/7//2016 @ 11:59PM.
3. Image size limits: 2560x1700, max. file size is 4 MB.
4. The website has excellent tutorials for exporting your images as JPEGs. Also there are plenty videos online explaining the process.
Digital Image Competition Scoring
- 60 points awarded per image in each competition
- 10 points for technical skill
- 10 points for composition
- 10 points for artistry
- 30 points for image transcendence / wow factor
If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please contact me.
VP, Harrisburg Camera Club